Did you know that in 2014 there were over eight million cases of property theft, calculated at approximately $14 billion dollars in the United States? Yes, billion. With a “B”. That doesn’t even include the robberies that were never reported to the FBI.
These aren’t always elaborate robberies. Life isn’t like the movies. In real life, criminals tend to act on desperation. No well thought out plans. No blueprints. No safe-cracking specialist who joins forces with an explosives expert and, a retired European spy.
Real life crime is scary. Let’s take a break from that for now. Don’t worry; I will circle back to it later when I explain some things that can help you prevent yourself from becoming a statistic this year.
In the meantime, check out my top 6 list of relatively recent Heist Movies:
- #6 – Inside Man – Bank robbery turns into a hostage situation. This action/thriller, starring Denzel Washington and Clive Owen, takes viewers on an emotional roller-coaster. The McCausland Lock Service locksmith team also specializes in secure safe installation.
- #5 – Snatch – Brad Pitt. Jason Statham. Benecio Del Toro. Guy Ritchie. A quest for a priceless diamond. Enough said.
- #4 – Heat – Robert De Niro and his team of professional bank robbers try out outwit and outlast Al Pacino and the police force. Classic. Just classic.
- #3 – Reservoir Dogs – A Quentin Tarantino masterpiece. After a jewelry heist goes awry, the surviving criminals begin to suspect that one of them is a police informant. To protect your rings and things, installing multiple types of lock will decrease your chances of getting robbed.
- #2 – Ocean’s Eleven – An all-star cast of bank robbers (lead by George Clooney) join forces to rob three Las Vegas banks at once. Based on a true story.
- #1 – The Usual Suspects – After meeting at a police lineup, five insane convicts plot a massive heist. The film’s twistery (mystery with a twist) will undoubtedly keep you on the edge of your seat for a majority of the film. What are you waiting for? Go watch it!
Unfortunately for Tri-State locals, Wilmington, DE, Camden, NJ, and Philadelphia, PA, robberies and home invasions are a reality. These areas are usually amongst the highest crime rates in the United States. This is the why securing your home, property, and most importantly yourself, has become a primary focus for the Delaware Valley and its surrounding areas.
McCausland Lock & Alarm can help Philadelphians by installing secure locks for their homes as well as protecting their cars with remote keys in Wilmington, DE, and its neighboring communities. They also are a highly regarded commercial locksmith in Newark, DE, and the nearby counties.
To get a custom, no obligation quote, please visit http://mccausland.wpengine.com or call 610-315-7011 today!