We’ve seen it all in our century of serving the Delaware Valley. Wilmington businesses in need of a commercial locksmith have called us; residents of Media have called us; and we’ve seen everything from a busted safe to a faulty ignition. We thought we’d take a moment to share some common reasons people have called us over the years.
- Master keys are veritable keys to kingdoms, whether the monarch reigns over an office building or an apartment complex. Think of several locks in a building as a collection of puzzles. Now think of a master key as a unique piece that fits all of those puzzles. Master keys are useful because they provide backup for tenants as well as emergency access for building managers and superintendents.
- Car ignitions malfunction from time to time, leaving drivers stranded. When this happens, the individuals who call a locksmith have the luxury of knowing they’ll be up and running on the spot, sparing them the time and hassle of dealing with a tow company. Also, calling a locksmith can actually be cheaper than calling a garage.
- Safes are necessary, especially for those who need privacy and/or protection. Safes keep undesirables from accessing personal items; however, they sometimes keep their owners out as well. Safe owners sometimes break their safes by spinning the dial too quickly. When that happens, their best bet is to call a professional locksmith to avoid further damage and regain access to their property.
- Anyone who gets locked out of a place, be it a car or building, would be wise to call a locksmith. It might seem like a good idea to try to maneuver your way through a security flaw like a cracked window, but it’s not worth it. Those who have called us in cases like this have saved themselves a lot of undue stress, because getting people into where the need to be is an area or expertise as much as keeping people out is.
- Anyone who gets locked in a place should also call a locksmith. If you’re ever working late and you try to leave the office, but find you’ve been locked in, the first thing you should do is calmly assess the situation and think about whether anyone is around within earshot to help you. If not, call a locksmith and don’t try to get out yourself!
Does any of this sound like you right now? If so, give us a call! If not, remember we’re available for residential and commercial locksmith services in Media, PA and its surrounding areas 24/7 should you find yourself in a situation similar to one of the aforementioned.